Sunday, April 19, 2009

1 bike, 2 bike, 3 bike 4...You're bike isn't here anymore


I have been living in Japan since September..and maybe I shouldn't mention this, but for the purpose of this post I feel I have no choice! I have been parking my bike illegally all over Japan. And much to my dismay, it has been towed.

I, of course, first noticed it was missing when I went to pick it up outside of the train station where I had left -- probably for longer than 24 hours. Fortunately, there was a note taped onto the ground saying where the bikes were taken and had an address and other contact information regarding the pick-up location. It also mentioned how much it would cost to get my bike back, and if I didn't pick it up by the said date--GARBAGE; they would recycle it!




So, actually this whole situation (other than the fee of about 1,000 yen -- roughly 10 bucks) worked out pretty good for me. Not only was the bike was transported closer to where I reside (Seminar House), but it there was also air pumped into my tires and the breaks and gears were well oiled! The condition of the bike was actually better than it was when I bought it from the local bike shop!

So, the moral of the story here is, if you are looking to get some work on your bike for 10 bucks...have it towed!


No comments:

Post a Comment